The ROOTS platform
ROOTS is the Business Intelligence communication platform on the agriculture and forestry market in which all mutual relationships between certificate – feedstock types and supply chain coverage are brought together and are continuously monitored.
It provides targeted insight in sustainable land-use systems and connected value chains, for both the agricultural and the forestry sector, as well as for related and new sectors that are in development (e.g. biobased manufacturing, construction and investment).
By using our innovative circular life-cycle and GIS-coupled analytical approach, we can provide reliable information and expert solutions to complex value chain and due diligence questions, in a very short time and substantiated with insightful data and graphics.
How do ROOTS works
ROOTS provides real-time data that can result in improvements such as:
- ROOTS benchmarks the baselines from which future positive impact is to be realized within your location of interest;
- ROOTS calculates biomass status and increment in natural, agricultural, forestry and agroforestry systems, taking into account all relevant factors (climate, soil, types of woody and non-woody plants, socio-economic conditions, etc.);
- Based on expected growth, ROOTS determines the amount of CO2 captured per ha in the most reliable way;
- Apart from CO2 sequestration potential, ROOTS quantifies other ecosystem benefits which add natural capital to your project (e.g. increased soil water availability, biodiversity, economical benefits from combining different new land use systems)
- BioGrowth development provides guidance in the preparation process for carbon credits generation of land-use systems.